Salvador Dali Parton 10.26.2013
Winston Marshall and Justin Hayward Young
Photo by Jake Giles Netter.
Jack was employed into service for the East India Trading Company and was given command of the Wicked Wench. However, after he set free a cargo of slaves, his employer, Cutler Beckett, had Jack branded as a pirate and the Wench set aflame and sunk. After failing to rescue the Wench, Sparrow struck a bargain with the ghostly captain of the Flying Dutchman, Davy Jones, to resurrect his beloved vessel. Jones returned the ship to Jack in near perfect condition except for the permanently charred hull. This prompted Jack to rename her the Black Pearl.
Jack Sparrow just got way cooler.
Yo, this is why Norrington said he’s the “worst pirate I’ve ever heard of,” and then Jack followed it up with, “But you have heard of me.”
Because Jack was branded a Pirate because he freed people rather than stealing anything. So Norrington, with his sense of duty, knows that Jack has been branded a criminal for actively not being a terrible human being. Norrington is torn between his duty as a naval officer and knowing that Jack is right.
He freed exactly 100 people, that’s why his debt to Jones was 100 souls. Davy has a sick sense of irony after all. Jack freed 100 souls and as a consequence his ship got sunk. Now his ship has been raised and as a consequence, he has to enslave 100 souls. This explains his reluctance to actually pay back the debt.
I reblog this every damn time…
- told Neville to stand up to people
- confronted a full-sized mountain troll to save a girl he couldn’t stand
- said it didn’t matter whether someone was a pureblood, half-blood, or Muggle-born
- gave Dobby his sweater
- faced a bunch of giant spiders in the hopes of saving the school and clearing Hagrid’s name
- told Luna he loved her Quidditch commentary, and very sincerely tried to convince her he wasn’t teasing her
- stood up on a broken leg, trying to protect Harry
- gave up his grudge against Hermione the moment he learned how much she, Hagrid, and Buckbeak needed him
- realized he was wrong about Harry putting his name in the Goblet of Fire, and promptly went to apologize
- jumped into a freezing pond to save Harry and retrieve the Sword of Gryffindor
- confronted his best friend to prevent his sister’s heart being broken any further than it already was
- begged Bellatrix to torture him in place of Hermione
- couldn’t break up with a girl who drove him nuts because he didn’t want to hurt her feelings
- remembered the Hogwarts House Elves when no one else did, and wanted to make them evacuate, rather than order them to fight
- tried to go back to Harry and Hermione as soon as he left them
- didn’t make excuses for leaving, he came right out and admitted he had been wrong
- didn’t get angry at Hermione for taking a long time to forgive him
- saved Tonks’s life (while impersonating Harry to lower Harry’s chances of being killed, at the same time increasing his own)
- told Hermione not to curse Draco, even though he hates him
In conclusion, Ron is awesome. The end.
and he put his shoes and socks on dobby to be buried in because he knew how much dobby loved clothes. disliking ron weasley’s character makes 0 sense.
Oh goodness… someone please take this book away from me…
Follow my Disney blog here :)
Have a magical day! :)
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE DRAW THE FOURTH ONE
"ONLY LOVE’S FIRST KISS WILL AWAKEN YOUR PUPPIES"
"Fuckin done with your shit Captain Cruellaficent."
Lewes Stopover Highlights → Bands: Yougth Lagoon, British Sea Power, White Denim, Vampire Weekend, Bear’s Den, Deap Vally, Johnny Flynn & The Sussex Wit, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, The Vaccines & Mumford & Sons
Mapping Our World opening night at National Library of Australia
Russell Crowe officially launched our blockbuster exhibition, ‘Mapping Our World: Terra Incognita to Australia’, to the delight of more than 500 guests. After a tour of the exhibition by our curators, Crowe told the audience of his love of maps and encouraged all Australians to visit their National Library.
This post has broken me. He’s in a suit. And glasses. And his hair is all floppy and his beard is all grey. Oh god oh god oh god oh god.
The hair and face wipe thing. Marcus, the “Sweater”